Thursday, March 8, 2012

Making Progress

So far I have accomplished 5 things of my list!

Item 1) Make This List: Again, I know this seemed like a gimmie, but it was a challenge. I am still finding things I want to add or substitute. So keeping to the current list is even a challenge! Thanks again to all those who made suggestions!

Item 5) Learn to Make Espresso. My wonderful friend Mandi arranged for a private lesson at Vince's in Renton. She taught me how to pull shots and foam milk. There is a lot that goes into each of these very important steps. To pull good shots you have to correctly dose, tamp, and polish the shot before it even gets to the espresso machine.  We even tried some latte art (with little success). I was already a bit of a coffee snob, but now I am an informed coffee snob. If my coffee tastes off, I know why. Thanks Mandi!

Not so beautiful Latte Art.
Beautiful Espresso Shots



Item 18) Tour Red Hook Brewery and St. Michelle Winery- To celebrate the Fourth Anniversary of our first date/valentines day, my husband took me on a day trip up to Woodinville to tour the brewery and the winery. First, I have to say that lunch at Red Hook was fantastic! I had the Salmon with a Quinoa Pilaf and Pinapple Salsa Yum!  I highly recommend the tour. It is well worth every penny of the $1 it costs; you get to see most of the factory, sample several of their delicious ales, and don't get me started on the tour guide. If you go, I hope you get Valerie as your guide. She was hilarious (and it had nothing to do with the beer drinking), and informative. The St. Michelle Winery was also lovely, the grounds were beautiful despite the rain, and we ended up getting a private tour and tasting. 

Between Items 5 and 18 I have learned all I need to know about my three favorite beverages! :)
My thoughts exactly!
 Red Hood was established in 1982, just like me!

Giant glass fruit bowl and SMW.


Item 30) Date Night at a Cinebarre Theater - After a wonderful afternoon in Woodinville, we made a brief stop at Starbucks to do some of our Real Marriage homework (a study our church is doing). Then we made our way to Montlake Terrace to the Cinebarre Theater. While fun, this one did not live up to my expectations. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of a dinner theater, and the prices were good, but the food was only so-so. Both my Blue Velvet Burger, and Jordan's Gladiator pizza were lukewarm at best by the time they got to us. I will try it again, but next time I will eat dinner somewhere else beforehand and plan on having Some Like it Hot Wings and Princess Leias (mini cinnamon rolls).

Item 4) Try a New Ethnic Food- This week is spring break, so yesterday my co-workers and I took advantage of the slow pace and went out for lunch. There is a great Indian place called Shamiana just down the road. They have a great lunch buffet special, which allowed me to try lots of different things. I tried Naan, world-renowned Major Grey Chicken Curry, Pulao, Dal, Raita, and Mango Yoghurt Mousse.It was delicious and the company was great! Sorry no picture, but trust me it looked as good as it sounds. I think this is an item on my list I may accomplish more than once, because I would still like to try Ethiopian food.


Overall, I am pleased with my progress so far. With St. Patrick's Day just around the corner, I am turning my attention toward 5K prep. I may try to fit my run on Alki into my training. 



No comments:

Post a Comment